Saturday 29 May 2010

The opposite of reality tv

So here it is folks, this month's task. Finally!

This month I've decided to tackle that traumatic subject of reality tv. Mostly how rubbish it is.
I watched The Hills the other day - what a crock of shit and I have to say that I'm a bit bored of watching Americans who look like Barbie dolls on telly.

I'm also bored of the shit magazines that stem from it, which pollute my eyes every time I stand in a queue at Sainsburys.

And i'm bored of the lack of stories or actual reality portrayed on my screen. How dare they tell me that this is what reality is. I live in reality - it's entirely more dull and exciting than the shit they are pushing.

I don't think I need to say anything else.
So - in order to counteract the rubbishness of reality tv celeb culture I've decided to document my own life. I'm going to use my not inconsiderable talents to portray my own particular brand of reality - warts and all.

So without further ado  here's episode one of The Adventures of Tommy and Baggy. A reality comic strip about the wibbly wobbly world of myself and my beloved beau. (Many thanks to Drew Barrymore and Burt Reynolds for lending us their likenesses on this particular trip to Hamstead Heath - we'll have to do lunch soon guys. No, Monday's no good for me. Or Tuesday. I have to cook dinner. WELL YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT.)

Episode 1: Baggy is shunned by a dog:




No comments:

Post a Comment