Saturday 25 September 2010

Goodbye 30 - you did me well....

A quick and happy update for today, I turned 31 yesterday. It's a common phenomenon to freak out for a full six months before turning 30 - I know too many people who did it. Ageing is feared in our society, we inject botulism into our faces to try and stop it, we end up looking like Sissy Spacek to counter its effects - all of which is a stupid and unnecessary waste of precious time.  So ageing does bring you a little closer to death - so fucking what? I love learning, I love getting through another year and genuinely being older and wiser. Turning 30 is one of the best things that ever happened to me, and here are my reasons why:

1. I have a proper job, which means I earned enough money to buy myself a computer - which started everything.....
2. I have recorded half an album - I'm going to re-record it at 31 to make it actually sound good, but I'm still pretty proud of that.
3. I've made 3 films. I'm making another one next week. This goddamn rocks, all I've ever really wanted to do with my life is make films and now I'm doing it.
4. I've written half a novel. If I'm really lucky one day I'll get it finished.
5. I've joined a couple of bands and started playing flute again - I didn't touch my flute for 10 years and I thought I couldn't improvise. It turns out I'm more talented than I thought I was.
6. I write cartoons even though I can't draw - they make me happy.
7. It's much easier not to give a rats ass about the negativity surrounding you when you can create.
8. Neighbours has been really good this year - especially in the last few weeks. Paul Robinson you bastard.
9. Same goes for Eastenders - Phil on crack, best thing ever.

So there you have it. 30 has been really groundbreaking for me, I can't believe I've achieved so much, and next year's going to be even better. I can feel it in my bones.......

xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Sarah Palin's sense of decency redux!28 September 2010 at 05:38

    Old? Old? You young people don't know etc etc etc. Mind you those of us who simply get better with each year that passes (i.e. me) have it easier than thoroughly faded blossoms (i.e. you).

    Mind you I don't believe for a moment that anything in Eastenders begins to compare to Alexis Colby being banged up when covering up for Adam's frankly incompetent and piss poor attempts at murder.

    Never mind though, you may be old, you may be decrepit and you may be falling apart faster than an Ikea cabinet assembled by me (handyman skills approx 0%) but at least you don't look as peculiar as Ed Milliband.

    ReplyDelete