Thursday 8 July 2010

HACK!

I've been doing some thinking and I think I'm going to change things.
This blog has been amazing so far, it's picked me up from the artistic slump that I was languishing in and has got me doing lots of different things, it's got me thinking in different ways and creating and blah blah blah. Basically it's been doing everything it should do.

But I think it's time to evolve a little bit.
I'm finding the monthly task thing a wee bit restrictive, basically I'm feeling the pressure to shove out loads of different things without really thinking about them. The last few cartoons I've done have sucked a bit and I know I can do better.

So I'm removing the time restriction.

I have a ton of things in the can and ready to perfect, there are cartoons and two more films and a half baked novel, then I have my one woman show to work on, as well as a full soap opera made out of cups. I don't think it would be wise to rush these any more. So I'm going to take a bit of time and work through them at a proper pace, with re-writes and drafts and all that stuff that they taught me at school.

Hopefully this way I'll escape turning into a total hack.

In the meantime I think I'll fill in time by blogging about stuff that makes me scream. That should keep you people happy.

Everyone agreed?
Good! xxx

2 comments:

  1. Err, could I put in a request for things that inspire you or even go so far as to make you happy?

    For this blog is supposed to be a cheerful place right, to fight the wankers with creativity, rather than just griping about them. I like its positivity.

    It is possible I am a cheerful fool, but I'm alright with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay deal, I promise to still vaguely attempt to inspire! How about that?

    ReplyDelete